Welcome to my website!
Hey there, random internet dweller, welcome to my website!
My name is Michal Procházka, and I'm a student currently living in the Czech Republic.
29 days, 18 hours, 28 minutes & 29 seconds without an accident!
I tend to focus primarily on computer-related projects either just for fun,
or because I somehow have an actual need for the thing that I'm working on and there isn't any other viable solution available
(that, or because I'm just cheap and doing things myself is, well, cheaper).
Either way, I find the results of my development work rather cool. Don't be afraid to scroll down and explore!
Either that, or you can watch this hilarious video I found on the internet the other day.
Please keep in mind that this site is still under construction and is subject to change!
(Don't worry, I'm talking about just adding new content,
I don't have any intentions to turn this site into the stereotypical soydevvy
JS-riddled infinitely scrolling unusable garbage that is so common on the web nowadays.)
What I'm trying to say is that if you visit this site every couple of months, there may be new stuff to explore. That's it.
Alright, enough rambling. Enjoy your visit!
Latest post from my blog
That's right, I created a blog where I (sometimes) post about my projects (or really about anything I want)!
To give you a small taste of what my blog has to offer, here's a link to my latest post:
Topic: Software development | Published 2022-09-11 19:23:14 UTC
MODPlay is an easy-to-use MOD file player library written in C which is near-100% compatible with the original ProTracker
(except for a few weird effects which behave quirky in most trackers anyway).
While only being a player (compared to a fully featured editor),
it was still a journey to get it to a state which I am now happy with.
And I built a neat little retro-themed web-based MOD player app using this library. To try it out, just click on the screenshot above.
What is it exactly?
It is a .mod file player. MOD files are a type of music format, which cont...
Here's some cool stuff I have worked (or even am currently working!) on.
I mostly just write software, but sometimes, hardware gets into the mix as well.
Remember that most software I write is licensed under the GNU GPL v3 Free Software license,
meaning that it is free for anyone to use, modify and share.
Click here to expand the entire list of my projects.
Other cool stuff that is hosted on this server
My own stuff
- retrulator.prochazka.ml - backend for my Retrulator iOS Shortcut, which provides offline retro emulators for your iPhone without any weird hacks (if you visit this site by itself, you may play Mega Man 3 for the NES if you just want to try Retrulator out without installing) - only works on touch screens, runs like sh*t on Android (TODO: write some more about this)
- slb.prochazka.ml - SlightlyLargerBasic - a (hopefully) better and less quirky implementation of Microsoft's SmallBasic web version, which is just utter garbage (WIP) (TODO: write some more about this)
- coachium.prochazka.ml - Coachium - my own data-logger software for interfacing with real-life mesurement equipment (TODO: write some more about this)
- coachiumcached.prochazka.ml - Coachium (cached, loads slightly faster & works offline) - my web-based data-logger software for interfacing with real-life mesurement equipment (TODO: write some more about this)
Stuff that I might have helped with at some point
- coachium.ml - homepage/portfolio for Coachium, my web-based data-logger software
- honey-bees.ml - project by a couple of my classmates about bees
Mirrors of other cool stuff
- mcclassic.prochazka.ml - mirror of classic.minecraft.net, because our school network blocks the minecraft.net domain and I was bored during my IT class (sorry, Mr. Smith!) - multiplayer is broken, though
- jsnes.prochazka.ml - mirror of jsnes.org, as I was interested to know how it works and wanted to poke around a bit
- bgtoolset.prochazka.ml - mirror of bguerville's toolset for installing CFW on the PlayStation 3 (as it is now unavailable) - only works for FW 4.88 unless you supply your own patch file, successfully tested with 4.86 - courtesy of ajgon (HTTPS intentionally disabled so that the PS3's ancient browser is able to connect)
- mdn.prochazka.ml - mirror of developer.mozilla.org from August 16, 2022 - MDN Plus is not available in the Czech Republic (as far as I can tell), but I still wanted to have access to it offline, so I let my server rip the whole site using wget (took a couple of days), decided to leave it up here in case MDN goes down (root site is broken, this link points to the docs directory listing where you can find stuff from there)
- tunes.prochazka.ml - a small collection of tracker music (.mod, .s3m, .xm, .it, .umx, .mo3) - many are extraced from old video games, some took me lots of time to find
- flippybit.prochazka.ml - mirror of Flippy bit (name shortened), a game for practicing 8-bit binary to hexadecimal conversion (code slightly tweaked so that the game works on non-QWERTY keyboards, stripped out unnecessary crap and fixed the audio)
Stránky v češtině (sites in Czech)